The aim of this working group is to advise and aid the EFDPO and its members on the legal and technical issues of Cybersecurity, to create a common understanding of the roles, competencies, skills, and knowledge used by the DPOs, to raise awareness by identifying the gaps in the cybersecurity landscape and analyze the intersection between Cybersecurity and Data Protection.
How this WG is organized
WG meetings shall be initiated by the WG head and take place online once a month.
The WG members are expected to actively participate by sharing ideas, knowledge and experience on Cybersecurity and cyber threats and help in forming proposals and guides.
The group shall
- Serve as the focal point for all EFDPO work related to Cybersecurity.
- Define relevant areas to be considered with the other Working Groups (WG) of the EFDPO and validate their respective terms of reference to ensure that no overlapping of duties and responsibilities occur.
- Review and analyze (in relation to the identified threats, risks, and actors) the adequacy of the current EU legal framework to defend cyber threats, especially those related to personal data.
- Create proposals or review the proposals and press releases of EFDPO regarding the Cybersecurity.
- Promote cybersecurity awareness throughout the members of the EFDPO.