On February 29, 1980, the Expert Group External DPOs and Privacy Consultants was founded as a working group of the Gesellschaft für Datenschutz und Datensicherheit e.V. (Society for Data Protection and Data Security). Through their joint professional exchange, the specialist group promoted high consulting standards for participants, so that the required legal conformity as well as effective economic work is possible with comprehensive, expert consulting.
From this intensive nationwide cooperation of the group’s participants, the Fachverband Externe Datenschutzbeauftragte e.V. (FED e.V.) (Professional Association of External Data Protection Officers) was formed in 2019. It is thus the longest-standing and most knowledgeable working group in the data protection industry.
Board of Directors
Petra Eul-Löh, Holger Koch & Klaus Mönikes
Year of Incorporation
Topics / Tasks
- Promotion of a high standard of advice for external DPOs and data privacy consultants.
- Representation of a practice-oriented data protection
- Exchange of experience and information
- External presentation of the association’s activities
- Support of members’ professional interests
- Promotion of the members’ qualifications