In the following, we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that is personally related to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
Responsible for data processing
Controller according to Art. 4 para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
European Federation of Data Protection Officers
Rue de Namur 73A, 1000 Brussels
When you contact us by e-mail or via our contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name and, if applicable, your telephone number and your insitution) will be stored by us in order to process your request. We delete the data generated in this context after storage is no longer necessary, or restrict the processing if there are statutory retention obligations. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is to enable you to contact our company easily and quickly and to answer your concerns.
If your contact is aimed at closing a contract, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR is also the legal basis for data processing.
When you view our web pages, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, the legitimate interest lies in us as the responsible operator of the website:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transferred
- Website from which the request comes
- Used web browser
- Operating system used and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
- Information on the device used (type, manufacturer, model, screen resolution)
These data will be deleted after 180 days at the latest.
The IP address is anonymised by a reduction to 2 bytes, so that an assignment to individual users is no longer possible. In anonymous form, the data are aggregated and processed for statistical purposes. The aggregated data will be deleted after 12 months at the latest.
Web analysis by Matomo
We use the Matomo web analytics platform on our website to analyse traffic, to analyse website visitors’ behaviour, to identify potential pitfalls; to find unrecovered pages or problems with search engine indexing, to determine which content is most popular and to improve the user-friendliness of our website as a whole. Once the data has been processed (e.g. the number of visitors reaching an unrecovered page), Matomo creates reports that allow us to take action, e.g. change the layout of the pages or publish new content.
We process the following personal data with Matomo:
- Anonymised IP address (abbreviated by 2 bytes)
- Pseudonymised User ID
- Date and time of page retrieval
- Title of the page viewed (page title)
- URL of the displayed page (page URL)
- Referrer (URL of the page displayed in front of the current page)
- The screen resolution used
- Time in the local time zone
- Files that have been clicked and downloaded
- Clicked external links
- Creation time of the pages
- Location of the user: Country, region, city, approximate longitude and latitude
- Main language of the browser used
- Browser User Agent
- Search queries in the page
The legal basis for the processing of personal data with Matomo is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.Our legitimate interests arise from the purposes described above for data processing with Matomo.
We run Matomo ourselves. The personal data obtained through Matomo will not be passed on to third parties.
The personal data collected by Matomo will be deleted after 12 months.
Matomo does not create profiles and observes the do-not-track setting of your browser.
If you would like us not to process personal data with Matomo when you visit our website, you can decide not to do so at any time. There are no consequences for the use of our website. You may object to the tracking of your personal data by using the following opt-out function:
By activating the check box above with a mouse click, a so-called opt-out cookie is set in your browser software, which in the future prevents Matomo from collecting your usage information on this website. If you delete the opt-out cookie from your browser software, in order to prevent Matomo from collecting the usage information of this website, you must set the opt-out cookie again by selecting the check box.
Technically necessary cookies
This website uses technically necessary cookies. On the one hand, session cookies that are stored on your computer only for the duration of a browser session and deleted after closing the browser. Other cookies, such as Matomo’s opt-out cookie, remain on your device for longer. The cookies are technically necessary for the functioning of the website. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. Our interest in the use of the technically necessary cookies is to ensure a flawless user experience of the website.
You have the following rights vis-à-vis us regarding personal data concerning you:
- Right to information,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data portability.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.