The Association of Data Protection Officers (BvD) represents the interests of about 1800 company and official data protection officers and consultants in Germany. It was founded in 1989 and is the oldest association representing the interests of the sector. Headquartered in Berlin, we are promoting modern and feasible data protection.
We are determined to increase the awareness of the general public with regard to data protection and the work of the data protection officers. We are working on the ongoing development of data protection in cooperation with politics, the economy and supervisory authorities. In this respect we consider ourselves as paving the way into the digital future. Because the increasing complexity of our communication environment demands a strong association of professional data protectors.
In the interest of data protection officers
Our members will advise companies and administrations on how to integrate the complex demands of effective data protection into their operational procedures. They will ensure that the processing of personal data will remain compliant with new and amended laws and directives.
Our members maintain their professional know-how through ongoing education and training offered by the association on state of the art developments and technical innovation.
We are constantly adapting the professional profile of the data protection officer to meet new challenges in the field. Our members may bind themselves to this professional profile to thereby guarantee quality and security of data processing.
We will furthermore support our members in their work and with information updates towards exercising their profession. Through workgroups and regional groups, workshops and regular professional conferences, we will offer ongoing exchange with politics , the economy, science und supervisory authorities.
The BvD in numbers
- founded 1989
- 1.785 members in total (as of 01.01.2020)
- 1.080 company members
- 169 registered external data protection officers
- 332 personally bound to the “professional profile”
- 11 regional groups in Germany
- 9 worksgroups
Purpose of the association: The association, whose activity is directed neither on its own material profit, nor on its members, aims the promotion and representation of the interests of the operational and official data protection officers of Austria.
The following goals serve this purpose:
- Production of an active network of company and official data protection officers and others involved in data protection
- Development, presentation and promotion of the job description of a data protection officer
- Creating a platform for the exchange of information and experience
- Design and elaboration of technical instructions and recommendations (Best Practice)
- Development of training content and promotion of appropriate measures in the private and public sector
- Cooperation with domestic and foreign professional associations and international specialist organizations in the field of data protection
- Number of members: 374
- Chairman: Judith Leschanz
- Date of incorporation: 30.9.2016
- regulary workshop for region west and south (others in foundation)
- ongoing workshop controller/processor
APDPO PORTUGAL is the association that brings together the Data Protection Officers (DPO) and provides dialogue and the exchange of experiences.
- Number of members: 200 members (more or less 1000 DPOs in Portugal)
- Chairman: Inês Oliveira
- Date of incorporation: 15/12/2017
- 4 commissions: training, certification, ethics and communication
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
The data protection association in Liechtenstein (in German: dsv.li – Datenschutzverein in Liechtenstein) is an association not only to data protection officers but to all interested in data protection.
According to the statute, the aim of the association is:
- the creation of an active network for data protection officers and others involved in data protection;
- the preparation and elaboration of technical instructions and recommendations (best practices, etc.);
- cooperation with domestic and foreign associations and federations; and development and
- promotion of the professional profile of a data protection officer.
- Number of members: 36 members (total of the population: 38’000).
- Chairman: Dr. Philipp Mittelberger
- Date of incorporation: 4th April 2019
The Association for the Protection of Personal Data is the largest association of professionals involved in the processing and protection of personal data in business, local government and public administration in the Czech Republic. It is also a professional organization of Data protection officers in the Czech Republic. The association was founded in 2014 and currently has over 250 members.
- Chairman: Vladan Rámiš, Contact Person: Vladan Rámiš, Dominik Vítek (Secretary for International Relations)
- Date of incorporation: 14th October 2014
Relevant working groups on specific topics:
→ for DPOs
→ processing of personal data in health care and pharmacy
→ GDPR Impacts on Innovative Sector
→ Media Sector and Journalists
→ Financial Sector
→ Direct Marketing and Internet Advertising
→ Data protection in schools
→ Municipalities and state administration
The Hellenic Association for Data Protection and Privacy (HADPP) was formed in March 2017 and it’s the biggest Data Protection NGO in Greece.
HADPP is formed by privacy professionals (not necessarily DPOs) mainly with a legal or IT background, and aims to raise public awareness on potential risks, to acknowledge vulnerabilities and help improve business response and standards to data protection through multidisciplinary practice and collaborative information. So the HADPP follow a hands-on approach by both advising and also making practical suggestions, especially on upcoming legal framework (GDPR, DPOs, PIAs, PETs, ePrivacy, accountability etc.).
- Number of members: 60 regular members and around 20 academics in the scientific committee (non-paying)
- Chairman: Spiros Tassis
- Date of incorporation: 20th of March 2017
Become a member
On refusa continuar payar custosi traductores. At solmen va esser necessi far uniform grammatica, pronunciation e plu sommun paroles. Ma quande lingues coalesce, li grammatica del resultant lingue es plu simplic e regulari quam ti del coalescent lingues.
Adressen der Aufsichtsbehörden, Gesetze, Orientierungshilfen des EDSA…