Association Suisse des Délégués à la Protection des Données (ASDPO)
The ASDPO is a non-profit association which aims to promote and develop the function of data protection officer in Switzerland, to encourage exchanges between the members of the association in order to identify and promote best professional practices in relation to the function of the DPO and to promote consultation with companies and authorities on all issues related to the function of the DPO.
Year of Incorporation
Number of members
- to participate in any national, European or international initiative relating to DPOs, in particular to participate in consultations relating to the evolution of data protection legislation;
- to set up and manage working groups related to the purpose of the association;
- to organize debates, conferences, seminars and training sessions relating to the function of data protection officer;
- to formulate contributions, opinions or recommendations relating to the function of Data Protection Officer;
- to inform and sensitize any natural or legal person on the existence and functions of the Data Protection Officer;
- to promote mutual assistance between members;
- to draft any document, guide and recommendation related to the purpose of the association;
- to promote relations with the cantonal and federal data protection officers and any other authority, as well as any other national or international association;
- to maintain a register of persons who may act as data protection officers;
- to maintain a register of persons who may act as mediators or arbitrators in data protection disputes.
News from Switzerland
FAQ on revised Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection now available in English
The Federal Office of Justice has recently released an English version of its frequently asked questions (‘FAQ’) on data protection.
Survey on the current situation of DPOs
The data protection associations of Liechtenstein, Austria and Switzerland have conducted a survey on the current situation of data protection officers among their members. The result was presented at the 4th Data Protection Seminar in Liechtenstein on November 30 and...
- Coming soon